- Respondus Lockdown For Mac
- Download Respondus
- How To Download Respondus Lockdown Browser On Macbook Air
Before taking an online exam that requires Respondus LockDown Browser, you must install the LockDown Browser application.
Students should download and use the following version of the LockDown Browser if the test is being taken remotely on a personal PC. Download for PC (Student version) To install on a Mac: Download and save the install package folder to your desktop. Double-click to run the installation program. Download for Mac. Note that the same version of. To download the browser: Log in to Blackboard using your normal Jagnet username and password; Click on the Student Services tab located on the top right menu; Locate the Respondus LockDown Browser section and choose the link for your system (either for Windows or Mac version). Follow the installation directions. Login to Blackboard. Navigate to the Student Support Tab. Click on your version (Windows or Mac) of the LockDown Browser from Student Resources. Click Install Now to download the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install. For Mac users, start Respondus LockDown Browser, select “About” from the toolbar, and then click “Check for Update.” The version will be displayed and you will be able to download a newer version if one is available.
- Go to the Respondus LockDown Browser download page.
- Click the Install Now button.
- Locate the file and execute it.
Note: This varies by browser. The example above is in Chrome.
- If you are prompted to run a Java application, Click the Yes button.
- If you are prompted with a Symantec warning click the Allow this File button and then click the OK button.
- Select your language and then click the Next button.
- SelectI accept the terms… and click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button.
The application will be located in the Start menu (Windows), the Applications folder (Mac) or on your desktop as a shortcut.
How to Download Respondus Lockdown Browser:
1. Go to the A-State Software Downloads page:https://www.astate.edu/a/its/software-downloads/.
2. Scroll down until you see two columns labeled Windows and Mac under Other Software.
3. Look at the section that applies to your device and find Respondus Lockdown Browser. Click on this to be brought to the download page.
4. On the page, click on the Install Now or Download button to begin downloading the software onto your device.
5. Once the download is complete, you should be able to see the application on your computer (either in your Launchpad for Mac or by searching for it on Windows). The application could like either of the two images below. See below the images for instructions on how to use Respondus Lockdown Browser!
How to use Respondus Lockdown Browser:
1. Open Respondus Lockdown Browser on your device.
2. Make sure AState Jonesboro and AState Online is selected and then click Continue.
3. You will be asked to close out of applications that you have open in order to launch the application. This is what it will look like if you are being asked to close currently open applications. You will need to click Close Applications in order to completely open Respondus Lockdown Browser.
Respondus Lockdown For Mac
4. Click Login to Blackboard so you can be taken to the my.Astate portal.
5. Once you get here, login with your A-State username and password and then click Login.
6. Once you complete Steps 1-5, you will be logged into Blackboard through Respondus Lockdown Browser. You will now need to navigate to the course you have an exam in and go through the instructions for the provided by your professor.
For further assistance, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 870-972-3933, the IT Store at 870-972-3500 or stop by the store. It is located on the bottom floor of the Dean B. Ellis Library, Room 149.